Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday

Being a wife, taking care of Jim-Jim, working full-time, and going to school have been challenging. I've had to learn to do things once and move on, to be very efficient at whatever I do. I work very hard when I'm at work but when I leave the office, I leave it there. I don't think about it again until the following morning. Sundays are my day to do school work. I study very hard on Sundays and when I finish what I need to do, I'm done until the following Sunday. After work and Saturdays are reserved for enjoying my precious family.

Jim's love language is quality time. He's had to make some pretty severe sacrifices so that I can finish my masters. After we get home from church on Sunday morning, I sequester myself in the bedroom with my laptop and my breast pump, and I study the remainder of the day. Jim makes sure the boy is taken care of and that I'm fed. Every so often, Jim feels the need to remind me that he's waiting out there and to hurry up with the schoolwork. Just about every hour he pops in with the boy, and they "help" me study by making sure I haven't fallen asleep in front of the laptop. I look above my laptop screen to find them peering over the edge at me, beckoning me to come play. This is a picture of Jim and Jim-Jim letting me know study time is over and play-time has begun.
I only had one chapter to read, a quiz, and a short paper to write this week, so I was able to go out and enjoy the gorgeous day with Lil' Bit and Bailey.
Thank you Bailey for your contribution to that final shot!

No comments: